Our last blog post was on the radiant body and its effectiveness in connecting you to your confidence, grace + inner beauty. Having a strong radiant body is a sure way to become a magnet to all that you desire.
Try out this powerful yogic breath for a short 3-5 minutes and feel the POWER of your radiant body.
*The Wildflower Tribe Tip: DO NOT DO if you are currently pregnant or menstruating.
What is it?
Breath of fire is powerful yogic breath that is used for cleansing and strengthening of the nervous and immune systems. It is working with the subtle energy located at the navel and is a powerful way to connect you with your LIFE FORCE, quickly.
If you are ever in a moment of panic, stress, fatigue or confusion stop what you are doing give Breath of Fire a try. It is a sure way to increase your energy, move stagnant energy through you and connect you to YOUR power (higher self) by getting you out of your ego.
What are the benefits?
-Releases toxins in the blood, lungs, mucous linings and other cells acting as a potent body detoxification technique
-Increases lung capacity
-Strengthens the solar plexus (navel) chakra
-Increases oxygen delivery to the brain, facilitating a focused, intelligent and neutral state of mind.
-Boosts the immune system
-Adjusts the subtle psycho-electromagnetic field of the aura so that the blood becomes energized. - Reduces addictive impulses for drugs, smoking, and bad foods
(AND THERE ARE EVEN MORE BENEFITS!)
How do I do it?
Have fun with this and give it a try.
Remember this is an even inhale and even exhale through the nose. The breath should be strong and rapid, but even. Do not overemphasize the exhale or put too much emphasis on the navel point.
Beginning a Practice of Breath of Fire
· Sit straight and place the hands in Prayer Pose.
· Close the eyelids 9/10ths. Roll the eyes up and concentrate at the Brow Point.
· Begin Breath of Fire for I-3 minutes.
· Then inhale and hold for 10 seconds.
· Relax. Stay still and place the hands on the knees in Gyan Mudra, palms up.
· Watch the natural flow of the breath and the constant stream of internal and external sensations. Continue for 3 minutes.
· Inhale deeply, exhale.
· Repeat this combination 3-5 times. © 2003 The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan, KRI International Teacher Training Manual Level I, p.95
Want a video tutorial?!
Check out Kia Millers “Breathe of Fire” Tutorial on YogaGlo! We love recommending her teachings!
*Some instructional content for this post and explanation of breath in this blog post is pulled from the book, Invincible Living by Guru Jagat. (pg. 34)